Truck Accident Do’s and Don’ts
What To Do After A Truck Accident
Hire An Experienced Ohio Truck Accident Attorney Today!
- Insist that a report be filed with the police, sheriff or state highway patrol.
- Obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Photograph the scene where the injury occurred and any visible injuries (cuts, bruises). Professional photographs are generally preferable, but not essential.
- Talk to no one about the truck accident or injuries other than your personal physician or Ohio truck accident attorney .
- Tell your personal physician or surgeon exactly how the injury occurred and describe all symptoms and complaints. Be sure to report memory problems, confusion or disorientation, however minor these things may seem at the time.
- Begin keeping a diary of how the injury or death affects your life and family. In particular, write down all medical-related visits and everything that causes physical pain, frustration or worry.
- Obtain and keep receipts for all expenses relating to the incident.
- Since you will probably need a professional engineer and trucking expert working for you, you should consult an experienced truck accident lawyer immediately.
What Not To Do After A Truck Accident
- Do not give a statement to trucking company representatives or its insurance company. Truthful statements you make in an attempt to be helpful can easily be misinterpreted and turned against you.
- Do not give medical authorizations to the trucking company or its insurance company.
- Do not sign any release or waiver of any kind. If you are not sure about what you are being asked to sign, you should consult Ohio truck accident attorneys .
Experience And Resources Needed To Handle A Complex Claim
Our personal injury lawyers have the experience and the resources to handle this level of claim. In addition, we welcome the challenge. Too much is at stake following a truck accident, specifically your health and ability to make a living. You will find additional information about truck accidents and their causes here:
- Truck Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Driver Fatigue
- Improper Truck Maintenance
- Truck Accident Caused by Speeding
- Substance Abuse and Truck Accidents
- Unsecured Cargo
- Truck Accident FAQs
- Truck Accident Do’s and Don’ts
- How Experienced Ohio Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help
- How to Select an Ohio Truck Accident Lawyer
Contact Experienced Ohio Injury, Truck Crash And Fatal Accident Lawyers
For more information or to schedule an appointment for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer regarding a truck accident or fatal tractor-trailer crash, please call us at 800-647-7003 or contact us to schedule a free consultation.
RECENT BLOG POSTS FOR TRUCK ACCIDENTS INJURY
Contacting a truck accident attorney is a smart move if you’ve been injured in a crash with a big rig. Like many Columbus accident victims, you may not be in a position to pay for legal services – but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a lawyer’s assistance. Look for a...
If you were injured in a collision with a semi-truck, 18-wheeler or big rig in Columbus, contacting a truck accident lawyer sooner rather than later is in your best interests. In Ohio, as in every state, accident victims have a limited amount of time to take legal...
If you or a loved one sustained severe injuries in a semi-truck accident or 18-wheeler collision in Ohio, you deserve justice and fair compensation for your injuries, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. In Columbus and throughout Ohio, Clark, Perdue, & List...
Large commercial trucks can cause devastating injuries and death due to their significant size and weight. New technology, however, may help make commercial trucks less dangerous to the motoring public. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety,...
Trucking regulations are important to public safety, and proposed revisions to trucking regulations are raising safety concerns. Large trucks are less maneuverable, require greater distance to stop and produce blind spots for the driver. Commercial truck drivers are...
When a motor vehicle crash results in serious injuries, determining who was at fault for the incident could play a considerable role. Authorities will likely investigate to determine whether charges are necessary, and an injured individual could have cause to file a...