Truck Accident Do’s and Don’ts
What To Do After A Truck Accident
Hire An Experienced Ohio Truck Accident Attorney Today!
- Insist that a report be filed with the police, sheriff or state highway patrol.
- Obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Photograph the scene where the injury occurred and any visible injuries (cuts, bruises). Professional photographs are generally preferable, but not essential.
- Talk to no one about the truck accident or injuries other than your personal physician or Ohio truck accident attorney .
- Tell your personal physician or surgeon exactly how the injury occurred and describe all symptoms and complaints. Be sure to report memory problems, confusion or disorientation, however minor these things may seem at the time.
- Begin keeping a diary of how the injury or death affects your life and family. In particular, write down all medical-related visits and everything that causes physical pain, frustration or worry.
- Obtain and keep receipts for all expenses relating to the incident.
- Since you will probably need a professional engineer and trucking expert working for you, you should consult an experienced truck accident lawyer immediately.
What Not To Do After A Truck Accident
- Do not give a statement to trucking company representatives or its insurance company. Truthful statements you make in an attempt to be helpful can easily be misinterpreted and turned against you.
- Do not give medical authorizations to the trucking company or its insurance company.
- Do not sign any release or waiver of any kind. If you are not sure about what you are being asked to sign, you should consult Ohio truck accident attorneys .
Experience And Resources Needed To Handle A Complex Claim
Our personal injury lawyers have the experience and the resources to handle this level of claim. In addition, we welcome the challenge. Too much is at stake following a truck accident, specifically your health and ability to make a living. You will find additional information about truck accidents and their causes here:
- Truck Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Driver Fatigue
- Improper Truck Maintenance
- Truck Accident Caused by Speeding
- Substance Abuse and Truck Accidents
- Unsecured Cargo
- Truck Accident FAQs
- Truck Accident Do’s and Don’ts
- How Experienced Ohio Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help
- How to Select an Ohio Truck Accident Lawyer
Contact Experienced Ohio Injury, Truck Crash And Fatal Accident Lawyers
For more information or to schedule an appointment for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer regarding a truck accident or fatal tractor-trailer crash, please call us at 800-647-7003 or contact us to schedule a free consultation.
RECENT BLOG POSTS FOR TRUCK ACCIDENTS INJURY
As a driver, you have a solid understanding of Ohio’s road rules – but if you’re like most motorists, you’re not too sure how to go about getting compensation for losses in a Columbus trucking crash. Is hiring a truck accident lawyer a must? Actually, no. You aren’t...
You’d think that the legal team at a long-standing Columbus truck accident law firm like Clark, Perdue & List would be able to tell you about how long it usually takes to settle a personal injury claim. But in reality, every case is unique. At times, the injured...
Commercial trucking companies have the resources they need to protect their interests after a collision – and an experienced Columbus truck accident attorney can provide that same protection to injured crash victims. If you’ve suffered serious injuries in a Columbus...
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released data of motor vehicle traffic fatalities in 2020. Despite less drivers on the road due to the COVID-19 pandemic, traffic fatalities were the highest reported since 2007. There were 38,824 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes on U.S. roadways during 2020. This represents a 6.8% increase over the previous year.
After a collision with a big rig or 18-wheeler, you need a Columbus semi-truck accident lawyer to protect your rights. Insurance adjusters are not on your side, despite how sympathetic and helpful they may seem. It’s their job to do whatever they can to pay out as...
Contacting a truck accident attorney is a smart move if you’ve been injured in a crash with a big rig. Like many Columbus accident victims, you may not be in a position to pay for legal services – but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a lawyer’s assistance. Look for a...