Accidents And Injuries In Ohio Due To Cellphone Usage
Lawyers Supporting Victims Of Distracted Drivers
Research demonstrates that cellphone use is distracting – and that texting is more distracting than talking. The more distracted a driver becomes, the higher the risk of an accident. At least two studies equate cellphone use with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Cellphone use in motor vehicles can make employers legally responsible for accidents. If a driver is conducting business on a cellphone while driving, an employer may be held accountable to pay damages to an accident victim.
- Cell Phones and Civil Liability by Dale K. Perdue
- Text While Driving: Lawmakers Should Go Slow, by WOSU commentator, Stacia Coke
- Oprah’s No Texting Campaign
- Distraction.gov: Official U.S. Government Website for Distracted Driving
- Distracted Driving Whitepaper from the National Safety Council
If you have been injured in an automobile accident caused by a driver distracted by a cellphone, call us at 800-647-7003 or contact us for additional information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced Ohio car crash injury attorney.