Have you been seriously injured due to the negligence of a Columbus health care provider? A medical malpractice attorney can provide you with the help you need to recover from the experience – but you’ll need to find a lawyer who is up to the task.
Malpractice cases tend to be incredibly complicated, and medical professionals have tough, aggressive attorneys representing their interests. Facing this type of legal team and obtaining a favorable settlement takes skill, knowledge and experience. Having the right lawyer on your side is essential, and here’s how to go about finding the Columbus malpractice attorney who’s the best fit.
Starting the Search for a Medical Malpractice Attorney
Medical malpractice is a specialized area of law, one that is highly complex because of the unique legal matters and procedural challenges that can arise. Lawyers who handle malpractice cases either:
- Represent people who have been injured by health care providers
- Defend medical professionals who are being sued by patients
As you’ve suffered injuries, you’ll need to look for a Columbus malpractice attorney who works to protect the rights of injured patients. However, that’s not the only consideration.
Comparing Columbus Medical Malpractice Lawyers
While every medical malpractice case is different, each one requires an in-depth understanding of Ohio law, the medical industry and how to bring a successful claim against a healthcare provider. Experience matters a great deal, so you’ll want to choose a medical malpractice attorney who has been winning cases for many years.
A family member or trusted friend might know of an experienced Columbus lawyer, or you can always contact the state bar association or use online resources to search for local legal professionals. Once you have several names, narrow down the field by considering the following:
- Does the attorney belong to any professional associations? Have they received any honors, awards or special recognition for their achievements?
- Does the lawyer share information regarding their education on their website? Do they have any published works or articles that illustrate their expertise?
- Is the malpractice attorney well-regarded by former clients? Do the online reviews and testimonials give you any insight on their track record?
At this point, you should be left with a few good candidates – and meeting with each one may be the best way to decide which lawyer to hire. The good news is that most offer free consultations, so you can discuss your case at no cost.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Clark, Perdue & List
Whether you’re wondering if you have a valid malpractice case, want to know what kind of damages you can seek or are ready to take legal action against the health care provider who caused your injuries, the professional team at Clark, Perdue & List is here to help.