During these unprecedented times, Clark, Perdue, & List Co, LPA is here to fully support your needs in a timely and safe manner. COVID-19 should not affect your ability to investigate a personal injury case. We currently remain open and are still accepting new cases. With your safety top of mind, we are scheduling all meetings via telephone or video conference at this time.

The Far East Freeway project in Franklin and Fairfield Counties will receive funding from The Transportation Review Advisory Council (TRAC) division of the Ohio Department of Transportation. Eminent domain may be used to obtain the land necessary for rights-of-way to complete the project.

Each year the Mid Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) evaluates and prioritizes road construction projects seeking funding from the state. The Far East Freeway project is one of seven projects in Central Ohio receiving a prioritized status.

The Far East Freeway improvement will focus on the area of Interstate 70 from Livingston Avenue to State Route 256/Taylor Road, with primary emphasis on the interchange areas at Hamilton Road, I-270 and Brice Road and State Route 256.

Phase One of the Far East Freeway project would replace the I-270 southbound to I-70 eastbound loop ramp with a flyover and widen the pavement for future phases. Phase One construction cost is estimated at $75 million, with cost of acquisition of rights-of-way estimated at $1 million.

Subsequent phases of the proposed project would include realigning the U.S. 33 and James Road Interchange and construction of “collector-distributor lanes between S. R. 256 and Taylor Road

The State expects to receive final environmental clearance in December 2013 and plans to begin acquisition of rights-of-way in January 2014. A public meeting was held on October 24, 2013.

If you are a property owner in the areas affected by this, or any other road construction project, you are entitled to be paid a fair amount if the government needs a right of way on your property. The Ohio eminent domain attorneys at Clark, Perdue & List can help you understand your rights.